As a member of the Association of Scottish Toastmasters, his services are mainly used to remove any potential stress from the Bride and Groom on the day; he will ensure the smooth running of the wedding, alongside the venue management, and will be on hand to deal with any issues, if they occur!
Richard's specific services provided:
- I will require a schedule (non absolute) of wedding timings etc. two weeks before the wedding, to familiarise myself with all requirements and highlight any potential issues
- In the week of the wedding we can have a face to face meeting, to have a full run through of the wedding and to ensure all requirements are possible in the specific venue whilst meeting all of the key members of the party ensuring everyone is happy pre wedding day. I will use this time to liaise with the venue, to ensure all key management figures are known on the day and everyone is aware of how the Bride and Groom will wish their day to go
- On the Day, I will arrive and meet ushers to ensure they are happy and the venue is set as per requirements.
- Depending on how the day will flow, I will ensure all guests make their way to the relevant locations, and again depending on how the Bride and Groom wish, I will be on hand to announce their guests to the official party or the Bride and Groom to the room for the wedding breakfast.
- I will announce speeches.
- Following on from the wedding breakfast, I will meet and greet evening guests (if required) and when required will announce cake cutting and liaise directly with the band or DJ (where relevant) to announce dances.
- I will take my leave after the dancing begins
Notes of thanks:
Hello Richard, We had an amazing day, thank you so much for helping to make it special for us. The guests were so impressed with everything. We have just finished packing and relaxing now :-). Kind regards, Jill and Mike.
Fiona and I would just like to express our sincere thanks for the excellent job that Richard did for us at our wedding, it really was first class and helped the day go so smoothly – looking back we honestly don’t know how we would have coped without Richard's support and it was a great weight lifted off my shoulders that someone was there early in the day to help me and all the arrangements. Richard also added such a lot of nice touches that we noticed – always being there to help out or to attend to things and having two glasses of champagne ready.
So a big thanks to Richard for an excellent job well done and also to Dougie for introducing us to his services.